Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! Make a lasting first impression with your guest with a playful and creative Save the Date card.
Save the Dates are the precursor to the formal invitation, encouraging guests to mark their calendars with your special day. This is the perfect time to take a design risk and create something that is as memorable as your upcoming nuptials.
Here are some tips on Save the Date etiquette:
- Send them out at least 6 months in advanced or earlier if you are having a destination wedding
- Only send Save the Dates to family and friends that you plan on inviting to the wedding
- Wedding announcements are appropriate to send out after the wedding to those who were not invited to the wedding
- Include “invite to follow” or “formal invitation coming soon” at the end of the save the date so guest know that they can expect more information about your wedding in the coming months.
- If you plan on inviting a lot of out of town guest, you will also want to include the location (city and state) of your wedding on your save the date.